Friday, May 6, 2011

Spirit of Christmas Past

Since we've already celebrated the ghost of Christmas present ... this week we're celebrating the Spirit of Christmas Past. We're asking you to create a card celebrating all things vintage. It could mean incorporating true vintage elements ... or just a vintage style ... whatever says "vintage" to you.


Stef says, "I have lots of stickers and chipboard from Crafty Secrets that have been in my stash much too long ... I was so thrilled to use some of those wonderful vintage items in my card this week. I attached the stickers to cardstock scraps and then cut them out, so I could attach them over the wrap of linen string using foam tape for dimension. The wonderful paper is from the Pink Paislee Father Christmas Collection (distressed & inked with distress inks). I finished with a knot of velvet rick-rack for some vintage texture. The sketch is this week's Unscripted Sketch."


Lauren's card

Lauren says, "i ♥LOVE♥ and collect vintage paper of all kinds, from postcards to magazines to maps; some of my favorite holiday card bits come from a stash of old ideals magazines that came from my uncle's mother. at first i had serious qualms about cutting into those, but part of what i like about them is the texture of the paper, and the fact that some of it has aged imperfectly making each piece unique. miss georgia was herself a clever crafty lady, and i THINK she'd be quite happy to see me making christmas card creations with her lovely mags! i've combined three separate vintage elements (the angel, the poem, and the starry background) with new papers and rub-on (by basic grey) on this card"



So relish all things vintage this week and show us how you embrace the spirit of Christmas past ... and use keyword JB19 if you upload to our Flickr Gallery or other gallery; inlinkz will be open until 6pm (EST) next Wednesday, May 11th.





9 comments:

June Houck said...

Oh this is a great challenge! I've got my thinking cap on...

Rose said...

i am with June...............thinking cap needs to be on for this one :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Carol said...

Good challenge and love the DT inspiration. Carol x

Jennifer said...

Great challenge! And look at all those awesome cards!

Lorraine said...

You guys blow me away with your awesome samples. Very inspiring ladies!

Judy Ford said...

both cards are sooo beautiful! Vintage is hard for me! but both your cards are inspirational!

Marie Bingaman said...

Great cards Lauren and Stef, and everyone else too! Sorry I couldn't comment on everyone's blog! :)

Knerten said...

Hm, due to the problems with blogger these last couple of days, my post seem to have vanished, unfortunately.
I have - however - reposted it, under the following LINK