Friday, July 31, 2015

Cookies 4 Santa

This fortnight we'd like to see holiday cards based on any aspect of this gorgeous inspiration photo that appeals to you, whether it's the colors, the shapes, the idea of leaving a note and cookies for the man in red... in short, you can use as many (or as few) elements as you find inspiring!


Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "When I saw the plate of cookies, I knew I wanted to do a teal & red snowman card ... so I pulled out my vintage Frosty from Artistic Outpost and my new Lawn Fawn Peacock ink  (love that color) and pulled this card together using this week's sketch from The Paper Players.  I added some sparkle & shine with teal glitter paper and sequins."


Lauren says, "When I first saw the photo, I worried I might not have enough relevant stash items to be able to construct anything interesting, but as it turned out, I almost had too many cool things-- not that I'm complaining, lol! In the end, I focused on the colors and the cookies; added in some "secondary" ideas from the picture (white woodgrain and snowflakes); and mixed in a few extras (trees, a santa hat) to flesh out my little cluster of elements."

Now it's your turn to take whatever aspect(s) of the photo you like best and turn them into a gorgeous holiday card! Link your creations here by 6pm (EST) Wednesday, August 12th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:16.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Those cookies look way too pretty to eat. But I am liking the color combo muchly. Your samples are wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa said...

Awesome photo! Wish I could make cookies that look that pretty but mine never come close LOL

Wonderful inspiration from you, Stef and Lauren!

Electra said...

OK, paper down, must find cookies....

Anonymous said...

i LOVE photo inspiration themes and these colours were challenging but fun! love your cards too, such lovely embellishments and dimension!