Friday, February 12, 2016

*TEXT* Me!

This fortnight at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we're celebrating fab fonts, lovely lettering and all things terrifically typographic with a prompt we're calling, "Text Me".

So what does that mean in terms of your design? Well, it's a pretty fab chance to break out your oversized alphabet stickers, your big honkin' sentiment stamps and your text papers --or book paper-- to make a holiday card with the emphasis on the words! (Yes of course you can use images, too, but we'd like to see more than an ordinary smallish sentiment on your card to qualify; let's just say the words should be "prominent" ok?!) Here's what we made:


Lauren says, "I'm trying to produce more rectangular, standard-sized cards which aren't too lumpy, so I'm always looking for cool ways to add my own personal spin. This week, instead of using one of the many lovely text papers in my stash, I hand-stamped the background using my current favorite alphabet set (from Freckled Fawn) and added textural elements like machine stitching and those adorable enamel "berries" from Eyelet Outlet. I used Retro Sketch #201 to guide my layout."




Stephanie says, "I started with a vintage dictionary page that had the word reindeer (although I ended-up trimming off that word before I finished).  I stamped a reindeer silhouette scene using Ombree Ink.  I added some word stickers and some white wink of stella glitter to the twinkling starry sky to finish (inspired by the image at the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge)."

And now it's your turn to "Text Us" by making a fun and fabulous card with the emphasis on words! Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 24th. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:16:04.


4 comments:

Susan Sudbury said...

Another great challenge! Thanks :)

Susan Sudbury said...

Another great challenge! Thanks :)

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous challenge and you played right into my creative making today!!!

Kathy D. said...

How many times are we allowed to enter? I made another one tonight that fits the challenge!