Friday, November 18, 2016

Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas

For our final Jingle Belles prompt of 2016 (can you believe it) we're bringing you a holiday photograph to inspire your designs ... and there are so many possibilities for finding inspiration.  

Maybe you'll be drawn to the white & neutral color palette ... the fun spelling of NO*L ... the Christmas tree decorated with white owls ... possibly even the quatrefoil design in the rug ... or the plaid on the pillow.  We can't wait to see how all of the gorgeous elements in this photo inspire you.



Here is how we were inspired by the photo.


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I loved the neutrals + naturals color palette of the inspiration photo, and for supplies I was definitely feeling in quite a vintage mood. So I've loaded my card up with sheet music, an old postcard, some cancelled postage, text paper, doilies... a little bit of everything I love that felt like it would "fit" in that pretty, cosy room!"



Stephanie says, "I wanted to start by capturing the gorgeous white-on-white feel of the mantel decor, so I die cut my Hero Arts Tag from textured white cardstock and then attached it with foam to white cardstock embossed with Taylored Expressions Nordic Holiday design.  Next I pulled in the wood-grain from the wine rack and the touches of blue on the wine labels and the mantel to finish my design.  I love how it captures the peaceful rustic feel of the photo."


Link-up your inspired cards here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 30th.  The keyword for galleries & Flickr is JB:16:24.  


3 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Girls, both beautifully different and both wonderful to boot.
Sue

June Houck said...

These are both stunning! Not sure what I will do yet, but your cards and inspiration photo are truly inspiring.

Lorraine said...

That's a wonderful inspiration photo and your cards are absolutely superb!