Friday, July 14, 2017

Beautiful Blue Christmas

We're still creating with inspiration from our fabulous Fireplace Photo this week.


Here is what we made for our second round of inspired cards.


Lauren says, "Once again I've chosen to feature that beautiful palette of bold blue and white, with some little pops of green. I've given the birch logs stacked in the fireplace a bit of a flashback to their previous incarnation ...as a forest. The diecut pine tree with the typing on it is a technique that I've done a few variations on over the years, and there's more info on my blog today, as well as a basic tutorial here. My favorite part of this card, however, is the Cerulean ColorBurst sky, sprinkled with a little snow in the form of Eyelet Outlet Snowflake Brads, along with white and blue sticky pearls."


Stephanie says, "This week I started with inspiration from the snowman silhouette on the mantel and continued with inset squares inspired by the shape of the fireplace and lots of fun snowflakes.  I couldn't resist topping that big snowman head with a die cut plaid hat."


No comments: